9 essential start-up tips for entrepreneurs
Here are nine practical start-up tips to get you started on your entrepreneurial journal towards success.
1. Choose a business that you are passionate about. Without passion, it’s impossible to work hard in tough times.
2. Do your research. Learn everything about the industry you are in, this will drastically increase your chances of success. (Examples – Attend seminars, subscribe to trade magazines, meet up with like-minded individuals etc)
3. Choose a business model with huge scalability potential, avoid starting businesses in declining and obsolete markets.
4. Think long-term. Those who live for instant gratification sabotage achieving lasting and sustainable success.
5. Work with a sense of urgency.
6. Regularly analyse the results you get. Focus on what works and eliminate what is not working.
7. Surround yourself with people smarter than you. Behind every successful company is a smart team.
8. Be persistent. Learn to never take “No” for an answer.
9. Remain humble at all times.